Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yellow?


Is it just me, or do y'all think that this area needs yellow accents? I've seen so much yellow around lately, and I love it, but just can't figure out how it will work with my taste AND I am sure that yellow is just a passing fad so I refuse to spend a fortune on anything yellow... but seeing those bananas in the green bowl on the table made me think... wouldn't a great wire, or otherwise sculptural bowl in a bright glossy yellow look sublime on that table? Or maybe a grouping of yellow candlesticks or something...

Gah! Not sure how that will work the the paint color on the opposite wall though...

This is the "color story" I am playing with... (Don't you love that phrase?)
Do you think yellow in place of the River Bank would look totally out of place in a room edged by Spanish Galleon? Any suggestions as to how I can change things out to suit? (Remembering that the dining area and living area are in one big space together, and my couch is a dark chocolate color (that really looks like a chocolate grey if such a color exists...)

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the yellow accents. Definitely a fruit bowl or vase on the table, and maybe some cushions on the chairs in graphic bolds with splashes of yellow? Or a framed print/poster on the wall with a focus on yellow? I think the yellow won't be a problem with your lounge colours. You could incorporate it with the above-mentioned cushion or two on the couch? Or a yellow vase on the coffee table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color on your wall looks soooooo good. And that capiz shell fixture is TDF ! Love it all. Your table looks so fabulous ! Way to pull it all together girl.

    ReplyDelete