Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekend Project Update!


We made some progress on the porch this weekend! One coat of white trim paint down, one more to go... well, we're going to wait until after we put the new decking on the porch before we go with the second coat, in case of nicks and bumps during installation.

The bench looks fabulous out there, don't you think? I am a little nervous because the bicycle chain that we bought won't fit between the slats, nor the tabs I sewed into the cushions. Dumb me forgot to measure properly before buying the chain, but another one is not going to be hard to find I am sure.


For now, I will just hope for the best and pray that no one would think of messing with our cute little porch.


In other news I went ahead and painted the last of the coffee table paint onto the dining room wall and LOVE it! There wasn't enough to do the whole wall, and it still needs a second coat, but this gives me a good idea of how it will look when it's done and I love it! What do you think? I know it's not a great color for resale, but we can neutralize it when it comes time to sell.



So far the progress on the spare room is still limited. I did manage to empty two boxes and get them out of there, but if you could see the state of the room, you would know that this really isn't much progress at all in the grand scheme of things. It is literally wall to wall boxes, bags and stuff in there and we're nowhere near to calling that room "done" just yet. I want to make it my mission to remove at least one bag or box per day this week and see how I do with that. It's probably a good thing that my mom is coming out for my birthday in July as I HAVE to have the room finished by then, so that will light a fire under my butt.

Ohhh what the heck... here's a picture of what is becoming known as the black hole...
... don't judge me....

5 comments:

  1. You need to come do my house when you are done. LOL... love the porch. Ours is boring because we are lazy and it's freaking hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I can't tell you how many times I went inside for a drink and stared lovingly at the couch thinking, "I could just finish the painting tomorrow... or next weekend..." I have to say that one of the good things about blogging is the accountability. I've said I would be done with the porch by Sunday, I had best get to it!

    Now if I could just get the guilt, er... accountability to work for me on the spare room, I'd be all set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your neighbours are thrilled that you guys have moved in. You've done wonders with your home, both inside and out.

    I hereby grant you immunity from "spare room guilt" because your porch simply looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love that bench! No wonder you want to chain it down! Chain the cushion down too!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete