Monday, May 18, 2009

Wordle + Printer = DIY Art



Yesterday I gave you a sneak peek at today's project post. I am totally proud of this one! Seriously, if you're ever in need of inspiration head on over to Katie Bower, she'll soon have you floating away with ideas. Like this post about DIY art.

This weekend I went through some of her posts that I had previously bookmarked and was taken with her States of the Union post (link above) and suggestion of using Wordle to achieve a similar look to the pages she created. I sat down with "The Big P" and together we came up with a bunch of places that mean something to us. I pasted them into Wordle, hit randomize and watched the magic happen.


This beauty took only, ohhh 50 "randomizes" to materialize. (Followed quickly by two more close contenders). I printed all three and decided that this one had the greatest impact, framed it, placed it on the mantle and voila! Personalized art for the cost of about 30 minutes, an old frame, paper and ink.

Totally cute, right?

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! And really like your colour choice. Running off to Wordle right now to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh yeah! You guys could make at least two full border to border ones with all the countries you've visited! Cool!

    ReplyDelete