Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Weekend Project Update!


The weekend was a complete and utter disaster... Neither of my two to-dos are finished... Unfortunately I got sucked in to the wonderful world of QVC and HSN and spent most of the weekend vegging out watching people talk randomly about objects... Seriously, those channels are hilarious!

Anyway... we did get to Ikea and grabbed the curtains, as well as another piece for a super secret project coming up in July. The store was ridiculously full, and when we got there the queue went around the whole building to the front door. On a Sunday!! Does no one go to church anymore?

So while I didn't finish the spare room, I did manage to clear the bed, wash all the linens and set that up. But the other side of the room looks less pulled together...

This is our "still to sort" pile. Do I at least get points for being honest? haha

While I didn't get anything on the to-do list completed and spent countless hours laughing at home shopping channels, I DID manage a living room switcheroo that I am kinda proud of.

We went from this...


To this...

The clutter on the sofa table has since been cleared.

Andddd I finally styled the coffee table! W00T!!

See what I did to cover the lattice? Those are the beautimous placemats I picked up at Pier 1 and they work perfectly to distract away from the imperfect paint job. Love!


THIS is why I spend a third of my day straightening rugs! (And pillows on newly made guest room beds!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Ros, the pic of the newly shuffled lounge looks like it's out of a home mag! Looking very stylish.
    Hehe love those kitties! Mine does the same, and I am also forever straightening throws, blankets, cushions...

    Can't wait to see the curtains up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The placemats are perfect on the table, adding some great texture. Love the entire color scheme you have going too!

    ReplyDelete