Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We've Got It Covered...


Well, I had hoped to wait till both sides were complete before posting this, but I am at a loss for something new to post this week and we have decided to wait on hanging the other blind until we can get our hands on a stud finder (where was this miraculous tool when I was single *da-dun-dump!*)

I think this might be one of my favorite things that we've done and it was probably one of the simplest. Following the idea shared by John and Sherry of ThisYoungHouse.com I got a great deal on these bamboo blinds from BB&B and they were one of the first things we ordered when we moved in.

Peter still thinks this was totally unnecessary as he says you can barely see the cupboards unless you're IN the laundry area... but I know they're there.... Here's that same space sans blinds... You tell ME if the difference is worth it?

3 comments:

  1. LOL... see, I'm with Peter... everyone has laundry detergent. Why hide it? *laugh*

    Now you gotta open and close those darn blinds all the time ;)

    Cute idea though heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! See, I think this boils down to being pre or post kidlets. Pre kidlets we only do MAX of 2 loads of laundry a week so we're only raising the blind a maximum of 4 times a week. Post kidlets I imagine you're on at least 4+ loads per week which means much more raisin' and lowerin'.

    Hmm... we may need to reconsider this whole blind thing when we get there! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Rozzie, the blind rocks! I don't like seeing all that stuff. If I had to see it, I would put it all into same-looking containers with cute labels, and that's waaaaaay much more work than the blind!

    ReplyDelete