Friday, April 17, 2009

Weekend Project: Garage & Spare Room Domination




OK. So we need to admit that our office is still a pig-sty and the spare room is still just a room with a bed and a ton of boxes. We plan to remedy that this weekend.

Here's our plan of attack.

SATURDAY:

First up, we're throwing out all the boxes already unpacked. (I am SO mad that our local recycling service doesn't accept cardboard boxes. REALLY lame in my opinion).

Second, we're making a run to Goodwill to drop off the "Donate" pile that has been growing in our garage for MONTHS. (Yep, we MOVED our donate pile with us.)

Third, we're moving everything else out of the office for the rest of the day/night. And then painting the floor as we planned to do before we moved our stuff in. Kinda wish we were painting the walls at the same time, but I take what I can get.

SUNDAY:

Fourthly, we're moving all the office furniture back into the garage.

Fifthly, we're moving all office related stuff out of the spare room and into the office.

Sixthly, we're finishing off my crafting space and linen cupboard in the spare room.

Seventhly (?!?), we're cleaning, and setting up the spare room.

Then we're done!

Oh wait... if I ask really nicely, I am hoping that P will help me hang the blinds over the shelves in the laundry area as well. Might be pushing my luck with this, but a girl can dream can't she? LOL

2 comments:

  1. very nice blog!
    do you know Seoul, Korea?
    If not, visit my blog!
    Have a wonderful day~~
    Thanks a lot~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the cardboard box thing IS lame. You can take it to Ecology Action, but that's a bit of a drive and I always wonder if you're doing more harm than good by driving down there. LOL. We can't win! Our recycling folks now take cardboard. I want single stream!!!

    ReplyDelete