Monday, May 19, 2008

Ladumaaaaaaaaa!


I regularly check the sales/clearance sections of some of my favorite furniture home stores and I often spot bargains just begging to be snapped up. A couple of weeks ago I spotted this gorgeous capiz light fixture at West Elm on sale.

I had also seen a similar one in John and Sherry from This Young House's bedroom and thought it looked beautiful in there. I saw the price drop to $59 and was tempted to buy it, but we're kind of on a saving streak and trying to conserve funds for any incidentals we might come up against with the house purchase so I stayed away. But then... on Friday when Sherry posted about the West Elm steal, I started to panic that hundreds of TYH blog readers would rush westelm.com and it would be sold out in minutes.

I made a deal with myself... if we went through to Palacios and didn't spend the night -- thereby saving the $60 lamp cost, AND the light was still available when we got home, AND if after seeing the Lucas house in person I had found the perfect place to put it, would buy it. So yesterday, while going through the hundreds of photo's I took from the trip I spotted at least three places I would love to put the fixture I decided to take the plunge and buy the darn thing before I lost my nerve.

So here it is... we bought the mocha one because it best suits our desired color scheme. Isn't it gorgeous?? Is it too much to be used as a chandelier over a dining table? I also thought it would look great as a low slung light over a side table in the living room, it would look wonderful in our bedroom and actually... it would work great on the landing at the top of the stairs... or maybe even one of the bathrooms... a pretty light to look at while soaking in the tub... I am pretty sure it will go in the dining room... but I like that I have plenty of other options for it as well.

Now that I have secured one for myself, y'all can go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment