Friday, May 2, 2008

Decor Dilemmas

Yes, that's right... I can't help myself... I am already dreaming up fun things we could do with the Lucas house. I've been photoshopping (badly) some of the few pics we managed to pull from the slideshow to keep me busy until May 17th (this date may need to change -- we just received word that my permanent residence interview is scheduled for the 15th in San Antonio so we'll either make it a longer trip, or we'll go to Palacios next weekend <-- bet you can tell which one I am rooting for huh?
Just look at the before and afters for the kitchen/dining area. (My photoshop version is not yet complete... but you get the idea of where I am headed with it, non?)

OK. Those hideous cabinets will make way for a swank kitchen bar. Because there are no real windows to the outside in this room, I would like to make it as open plan as possible, without sacrificing cabinet space in the kitchen. For the floor I would extend the dark stained bamboo from the kitchen right through (the whole house if I had the $$) and I would add white trim around the windows and doors, and beef up the skirting boards to something thicker. (I detest shrimpy skirtings). It's amazing what incredible things a crisp white trim and ceiling can do for a room. I would obviously replace the light fixtures with something more up to date. And lastly adding some recessed lighting across the ceiling and some pendants over the soon-to-be breakfast bar will bring this room into the 21st century and make it a great room!

Any one have any other suggestions?

Please don't laugh at my awful Photoshop skills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment